Liberation, since its founding has fought to promote those fighting for their dignity and freedom, a constant vision to make the world better.
This year Liberation are proud to announce the Maggie Bowden Essay Competition, a competition which will aim to promote and celebrate the writing talents of young people in Britain.
This competition invites you to respond to the idea of making the world better. We want to read your ideas and opinions on how to make the world better. Are there people who inspire you? Are there struggles in history that fascinate you? Are there events today you want to bring to light? We want to hear them all!
The competition will be judged by a panel – including Jeremy Corbyn MP and other members of Liberation. The prize-winning entries will be published in Liberation’s journal and presented a prize by Jeremy Corbyn at the annual Fenner Brockway Lecture, where Jeremy Corbyn is the keynote speaker.
If you are interested in entering simply follow the guidelines below – and we cannot wait to see your entry!
– The deadline for entries is 31 May 2022
– There are three categories:
Under 12 years of age – should submit written essays of up to 400 words
12-17 years – should submit written essays of up to 1,000 words
18-25 years – should submit written essays of up to 1,500 words
– The entries must be made by the participant, plagiarism will result in disqualification
– Participants who are related to members of the panel must inform the panel upon submission
– Submissions can be sent by email to email@example.com or by post to Liberation, 75–77 St. John Street, Clerkenwell, London EC1M 4NN, marked ‘essay competition’.
– Submissions MUST include your name, age, school/university, title, and postal/email address so we can contact the lucky entrants
– If you want posted entries returned, please inform us upon submission
Maggie Bowden is Liberation joint President and was Liberation’s General Secretary for more than thirty years until 2021 ,