Middle East Programme at Liberation
The Liberation Middle East Programme is offering work placement to undergraduate students studying Middle East Studies, Politics, International Relations, International Security, or any other relevant degree programme. The Programme is designed for students studying on their third year, who wish to do placement as a formal part of their undergraduate degree programme. The Middle East Programme concentrates its research on emerging political, social, cultural and ideological trends in the region.
Applicants will need to have strong interest in the Middle East region, including politics and religion, human rights issues, security issues, etc. Applicant will work primarily as Research Assistant to support existing Middle East research team. Areas of research assigned can be tailored to match individual interests and skills.
The role will require you:
- Identify and monitor, political, security, or human rights issues in different Middle Eastern countries and follow their developments.
- Carry out research on the Middle East research team’s current topics and identify new areas of research.
- Support your research work by writing reports and good quality articles which may be. published on our website or in our bi-monthly journal.
- Assist in developing our work in the UN Human Rights Council.
In return, Liberation will offer you:
- An opportunity to work with an NGO affiliated with the UN and one of Britain’s oldest human rights organisations.
- A reference from Liberation which may contribute to you module credits at university.
- An opportunity to have your work published in our journal.
- Access to Liberation documents, books and files for your own academic research including our archives at SOAS and Cambridge.
- An understanding of how a campaigning NGO works.
Length of programme and mode of work can be worked out based on individual student circumstances and academic calendar.
Students interested in this work placement please contact the ME Programme Manager Irakli Tusiashvili on firstname.lastname@example.org