Africa Programme at Liberation
In addition to our team of dedicated volunteers, Liberation is seeks work with undergraduates who are in their second or third year on a course relating to International Politics, International Relation, Development, Human Rights etc. The ideal candidate must have a passion for Human Rights with a keen interest in Africa and African issues.
This is an exciting time to join us at Liberation as there is a renewed global interest in Africa and its resources. In response to this, Liberation is currently working towards changing perceptions on Africa by increasing the understanding of the continent.
You will work with us primarily as a Research Assistant on Africa and support the existing Africa research team.
The role will require you to:
• Identify and monitor human rights issues in different African countries as follow their developments.
• Carry out research on the Africa research team’s current topics and identify new areas of research.
• Help develop the organisation’s social media profile.
• Support your research work by writing reports and good quality articles which may be published on our website or in our bi-monthly journal.
• Assist in developing our work in the UN Human Rights Council
• Some additional administrative and event planning tasks may be required.
Areas of research assigned can be tailored to match individual interests and abilities.
In return, Liberation will offer you:
• An opportunity to work with an NGO affiliated with the UN and one of Britain’s oldest human rights organisations.
• A reference from the organisation which may contribute to your module credits at university
• An opportunity to have your work published in our journal.
• Access to our documents, books and files for your own academic research including our archives at SOAS and Cambridge
• An understanding of how a campaigning NGO works
Length of programme and mode of work can be worked out based on your circumstances and academic calendar.
For more information and application, contact Damola at: firstname.lastname@example.org